GLAD is at the cutting edge of the historic fight for full equality and justice. Through impact litigation, education and public policy work, GLAD’s precedent-setting work has established anti-discrimination laws for transgender, gay, lesbian and bisexual people and protected the rights of those with HIV throughout New England.
GLAD is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from transgender persons, people of color, and individuals with disabilities, including HIV.
GLAD has a commitment to communication, diversity, team work, results orientation, and collaboration and has classified these as core values that are integral to fulfilling our mission. The core values apply to all levels and positions in the organization. Each employee is encouraged to find ways to integrate the core values in their day to day work.
- Communicates in a clear, concise manner, communicates effectively verbally and in writing as required; and learns through listening.
- Promotes diversity at GLAD through practice and example and seeks ways to foster diversity within the framework of the position.
- Works in a team dynamic demonstrating leadership, offers good “followship,” offers insight, and shows flexibility in all areas.
- Creates results, meets deadlines, completes tasks in a timely manner, is dependable and accountable for their work and requests help for tasks as needed.
- Collaborates well across job lines, increases lines of communication and fosters cooperation among departments and outside organizations.
Development Operations Assistant
The Development Department supports GLAD’s work through fundraising events, individual donations, and grants. We are looking for data entry specialist who is excited to help raise funds in a fast-paced, progressive non-profit organization.
The Development Operations Assistant provides critical support to the Development Department. They carry out all gift and acknowledgment processes with an eye toward efficiency and industry best practices. The Development Operations Assistant also manages GLAD’s event registration process, helps with onsite event registration, and provides key administrative support to the Development Department. The Development Operations Assistant will build and use a strong base of knowledge in fundraising and gift processing best practices, Salesforce, and data hygiene.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Gift and data processing:
- Accurately and regularly enter all gifts and pledges into Salesforce
- Produce acknowledgment letters and manage regular updates to letter templates
- Prepare and send monthly pledge reminders and year-end tax letters to donors
- Provide gift-related information to donors and constituents as requested
- Track guest and gift information leading up to GLAD events
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development and team as needed, including scheduling, filing, event logistics support, donor calls, assistance with mailings, and other tasks as needed
- Maintain and run Salesforce reports
- Assist with complex database projects
- Assist with data cleanup and edits to constituent records
- Attend and lead registration at GLAD events
- Serve as a member of GLAD’s back-up reception team, answering phones as needed
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- Proactive and willing to show initiative and ask questions
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Comfort doing outreach and spending time on phone. Prior donor-facing or customer service experience a plus.
- Prior database or experience tracking data preferred. Experience in Salesforce a plus.
- Prior experience working in an office. Prior experience working in Fundraising or nonprofits a plus.
Reports to: Data and Systems Manager
Compensation: $38,200 starting salary, excellent benefits include health, dental and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with employer contribution; three weeks’ vacation; and supportive and friendly work environment dedicated to groundbreaking achievement for the LGBTQ and HIV communities.
Send cover letter and resume via e-mail (no phone calls) to Erin Semagin Damio, Data and Systems Manager at ESemaginDamio@glad.org Please include the “Development Operations Assistant” title in the subject line.
Only applications with both cover letter and résumé will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
GLAD is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff. Transgender and Non-binary persons, people of color, and individuals with disabilities, including HIV are encouraged to apply.
GLAD’s Legal Assistants provide key support for GLAD’s seven attorneys in advancing the mission and goals of the organization. The Legal Assistant performs legal and social science research, drafts research memoranda, prepares court documents and correspondence, and proofreads and checks citations for complex legal documents. In addition, the Legal Assistant performs regular administrative tasks such as coordinating meetings and travel, filing and maintaining records, scanning, copying, preparing expense reports, and providing phone coverage. This position offers an excellent opportunity to learn about the litigation process and the legal issues affecting the LGBTQ community and people living with HIV.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience; strong written and oral communication skills; proven research abilities; and proficiency in Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate will be proactive, organized, and attentive to details. The ability to work cooperatively in a team is essential to the Legal Assistant work setting. In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to prioritize multiple activities in a fast-paced environment and read, analyze, interpret, and summarize legal and social science documents, including case law and statutes. Familiarity with the legal system is helpful but not required.
$38,200 plus excellent benefits: three weeks of paid vacation, fully paid health and dental insurance, and disability insurance.
To apply, please send the following materials (Separate PDF documents required):
- Cover letter (no more than one page) addressed to Ben Klein, Senior Attorney and AIDS Law Project Director. Please do not restate your resume.
- Writing sample (no more than 5 pages)
Please send materials to email@example.com. Emails should contain the subject line “Legal Assistant Application.” Please indicate in your application specifically where you learned of the position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls, and no video resumes please.
Interns are hired on an academic schedule — for the entire school year, an individual semester, or the summer. Summer internships are full time; academic year internships are part time (10-15 hrs/wk). All GLAD internships are unpaid.